I've had this maple leaf fabric for several years. First I tried to make a curtain as a door/wall to my sewing area so the creative process (mess) wouldn't be so visible from my living room, but the curtain wouldn't stay up. So the fabric languished in the stash pile for a couple of years till I finally got inspired and made the time to turn it into a fall shower curtain. The goal is to make a different curtain for each season. So far, I have summer and autumn. A hem all around and buttonholes for the curtain rings on top was a simple and fairly quick finish.
The crocheted rug is a recent finish by Princess. It was crocheted out of 1.5 inch strips torn from three twin sized sheets - red, blue and green. Very pretty, I think. And just what we needed as our bath rug was shredding.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
This little finish has also been in my mind for awhile, so it was nice to actually get it done. The red thingy was just inside the mouth of some juice jug, I think. (It's been just hanging around here too long to remember exactly.) You could use a pop bottle cap, but I wanted something a little bigger.
It is stuffed with wool roving (needlefelting wool) and topped with a circle cut from a laundered, therefore felted, wool sweater. I gathered the circle with wide basting stitches, tightened it all up, stuffed the circle with more roving and then glued it all into the red base with E6000 glue. I used that glue to stick it to my sewing machine. Now no more hunting under piles of quilt blocks, etc., for my pincushion!
Hope you're having some feeling of accomplishment today!