"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Friday, March 16, 2012

3 Finishes (!) and an Idea

I am so excited about some finishes. Actually two were new starts and finished all in one afternoon.

I'd had a long-sleeved t-shirt for some time that I'd wanted to turn into a dress for Peanut. So yesterday afternoon, since we finished our studies early, I had time to make this with some remnant fabric I'd found.


Using a small zig-zag stitch, it was a real quick project. I'm still probably going to add some yo-yos at the waist and Precious wants to sew bright buttons all along the neckline, so we'll probably get to that while we watch movies tonight. (Friday night is movie night at our house.)

The second semi-quick project was to make myself a new apron. I had been given an apron by friends that I really liked, but it was getting pretty grubby looking, so I decided to try to use it as a pattern to make a new pretty one. I enjoyed making it so much that I might try to make up several to put in our rather neglected Etsy store. But that probably won't be for another couple of weeks as our schedule is rather full.

And, last but certainly not least, I finally finished hand-quilting the quilt that I've been working on for months. This was a for-hire hand-quilting job; I didn't piece the top, but I sure think it's pretty. It's a relief to have it done finally and I'm happy with how it turned out.

So to celebrate, we took the quilt in to the quilt shop, which is the drop spot, and then I treated us to pizza buffet at a local pizza shop where I saw this very cool mural. Now I want to make one along the same line.


I wonder how it would be with tea cups, saucers, etc.? So many ideas; so little time.




3 comments:

  1. That dress turned out super cute! Love the color choices, and I think the bright buttons will be the perfect finishing touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! So good to have some finishes. I am amazed at your hand quilting.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great projects! Your hand quilting looks amazing! Wonderful finishes. :o)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?